Monday, October 5, 2009

One Lovely Blog

I had some very happy news last week, Mesina over at “And Then There Was Me” bestowed upon me the awesome “One Lovely Blog Award.” I am so honored and touched to be the recipient of this fabulous award and more so because it came from someone’s who’s writing is truly phenomenal and serves as a huge inspiration to me. Thank you Messina!

One Lovely Blog Award

The rules of receiving this “lovely” award are to pass it on to 15 other bloggers I’ve newly discovered. It’s taken me almost a week to write this post because I’ve been trying to determine which 15 I shall bestow it to. I’ve been doing some serious blog walking lately and it’s been quite difficult narrowing it down, but alas I have made my list.

The fabulous and lovely bloggers who I am nominating for this award are (in no particular order):

  1. Laura from “My Best Day Ever” – Initially I was totally captivated by her very different, very artistic blog design, then I read just one of her posts and became a follower in 2 seconds flat. They’re most often quirky, fun and about everything from parenting to cooking to randomness.
  2. Rachael from “Little Red Door and a Whole Lot More” – Her blog reminds me of a spread from “Better Homes and Gardens” and the first time I came across it she had the most to die for salad recipe in time for fall. In fact thinking about it is making my mouth water. Yum.
  3. Krystel from “Army Wife 101” – She has a fantastic blog that is not only cute as ever, but is also a GREAT resource for Army Wives! Thanks Krystel!
  4. Jessica from “Baby Davis Michael” – She is beautiful (inside and out) and her blog is the same! Her posts are straight from the heart and she is one of the nicest, sweetest bloggers I’ve met in my blogging journey!
  5. Leigh from “Leigh vs. Laundry” – She is absolutely HILARIOUS! Her posts are also the perfect blend of insightful and honest. She writes about being a mom, her misadventures in homemaking and anything else that comes to mind.
  6. S.E. Sward from “Black Holes and Macrame” – She has the best writing tone, clearly displaying her clever humor and brilliantly honest observations about life. Her blog is about a little of everything (girl after my own heart) and the minute I stumbled upon it, I was sucked in, huh, just like a black hole! :) Plus I totally dig the black against purple look!
  7. Heather from “Theta Mom” – I cannot believe it took me this long to find this blog!! She’s a mommy blogger, and while I’m not a mommy her attitude towards blogging and life in general, is straight up genuine and sincere, and what hooked me instantly! For mommies her posts are honest, resourceful, and underlined with a fun undertone. Plus her blog design is beautiful!
  8. That Girl from “That Girl Blogs” – This blogger is seriously dedicated, continually putting up new content and completely devoted to blogging! Additionally, she is a stupendous writer with witty insights into family and the world around her.
  9. Confessions of a Country Girl from the blog with the same name and “Confessions of a Book Junkie” – I love her blogs! She’s simply genuine and as a result so her is writing, which coincidentally is also good. Both blogs have posts fun undertones, and her book blog is a wonderful and fun places for book lovers to frequent!
  10. Nettagyrl from “Nesty Nachos” – She is an aspiring writing (another girl after my own heart) and an all-around awesome chick with attitude! Her posts vary about a little of everything and her blog design is pretty sweet too!
  11. Tammy from “My Organized Chaos” – She’s a Canadian mommy with a totally rockin’ blog! She hosts tons of giveaways, and gives insightful and helpful reviews. She’s the mother of baby girl twins plus one five year little girl, and somewhere in there she manages to blog about her life as well. PS – Her blog is positively beautiful!
  12. Nanny Goats in Panties from the blog with the same name, she is oh so FUNNY and posts a little about everything. Her posts are wonderfully well written and gleaming with wit. Her blog is a fabulously fun design with clean easy to read lines.
  13. That One Mom from “A Day in the Life: Chronicles of an Only Parent” – This is such a fun blog! She’s comedic honest and genuine. Her posts reflect these traits and cover a variety of subjects from parenting alone to dating. Always an entertaining read!
  14. WhiteSockGirl from “The Joys of My Splintered Small Town LIfe” – This blog is one of my faves! Phenomenal in writing style, tone and stupendously entertaining content! She’s witty, and brutally honest which is reflected in her blog through and through!
  15. Mary from “The Adventures of Mommy Maestro” – She’s a mommy blogger full of fun, witty, often resourceful posts relative to all things mommy related and a lot of things life related. She’s got a fun attitude and reading her blog is always enjoyable!

Congratulations ladies and thanks for making the blogosphere such an amazing place! Also, again many thanks to Mesina from “And Then There Was Me!” I really appreciate this absolutely lovely award!!!

19 comments:

Mesina said...

Aw Angela you are so sweet! And also quite welcome, you really deserve this award, your blog is awesome! Keep bloggin babeh! x

Laura said...

Angela, Thank You very much..that is very kind of you..and I can't wait to visit your other choices!!
Have a Wonderful Day!!!

Laura
mybde.blogspot.com

Rachael said...

Angela...

You are TOO sweet! Thanks so much!

Your blog is phenomenal, you are such a great writer!!!!

S.E. Sward said...

Thanks so much, Angela! Will do my best to keep living up to such high praise. My cup runneth over!

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Congratulations!

That One Mom said...

Awwww, thanks Angela! I'm so looking forward to checking out the 14 other ladies you have bestowed this honor on!

Theta Mom said...

Angela~ How sweet are you? Thank you so much for this award and for the kind words you said about me! I really look forward to blogging with you! Thanks again for passing the bloggy love my way! :)

thatgirlblogs said...

thank you! what a great little monday surprise ;)

WhiteSockGirl said...

Thank you so much!!! Much much appreciated, the kind words,.. Thanks again.

Annie said...

I love my organized chaos too! Congrats on your award!!
Stopping by from SITS-have a fantastic monday!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Thank you Angela! I'm honored to be among a group of such esteemed bloggers! Thank you!

- Margaret

Krystel ( Armywife101.com) said...

OMG Angela wow ! You are so absolutely kind to award me this. I don't even know what to say but thank you for taking the time to read my blog and also for thinking of me when you thought of choosing someone for this award.
You are truly a kind person and I am definitely going to spread the blogger love and check out the other 14 ladies.

Thanks Again
Krystel

nettagyrl said...

Ahh Angela! You have swelled my head a bit! Thank you Thank you! I am in ah because your blog is BANANAS! (Yeah I am channeling Gwen Stefani!) I will go forth and propagate this award because it truly is an awesome feeling to get one!! Thank you!!! =D

oh my blog name is Zesty Nachos, but no problem cuz when I saw Nesty Nachos I almost peed my pants cuz that name is just awesome! =D So it is all good. lol

confessionsofacountrygirl said...

Thank you for the award!

Tammi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammi said...

That is awesome!! Thank you!
It was really nice to read why you like all these blogs, not just a list - I have even *met* a few new blogs myself!
Thanks again, that was wonderful.
You deserve the award, Angela!!
:)

Tammi @ My Organized Chaos

Mary K Brennan said...

So sorry that I'm responding a little late. Computer problems have slowed progress this week. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog. I'm glad you enjoy reading it. You're always welcome there.

Blog Tactic said...

Yes, Nanny Goats in Panty is funny

richie@blogtactic

Nikki said...

Congrats on your blog award!!!

ps I gave you a bloggy award on my blog!!! come and check it out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form