Saturday, October 3, 2009

New Addition

For a very long time now the hubs and I have been wanting a dog. We have debated endlessly over big dog versus little dog, the hubs obviously wanting the former and me the latter, but we decided that when and if the opportunity presented itself to get a dog when we would evaluate it further at that time. That time came yesterday.

My Manager from the Thrift Shop had a dog (a Fox Terrier) she was trying to find a good home for. The dog was a year old and the family, although they adored her, they simply didn’t have the time to devote to her that she deserved. The hubs and I went to her house yesterday to meet her and we instantly fell in love.

Meet our newest addition to the Norton Family:

Meka w G Full BodyMeka Norton

She is just the sweetest, smartest (albeit a little hyper at times) dog ever! Of course as a new doggie mama I’m completely biased. :)

She’s already house trained and responds to commands like sit, stay, shake, and lie, and she’s not a barker or crier! We found out last night she’s not a huge fan of bath time, but even still, she really is a great little dog! Especially considering she’s in a totally new environment with new owners. Thus far she’s handled the transition really well, and granted it’s only been a day, but still, I think that says something about her awesome rockin’ character! 

I’ll be writing much more on our new addition, but right now I’m off to battle the crazy bargain shoppers that make their way to the Thrift Shop on the one Saturday a month we’re open for our “Dollar Sale” (everything in the store-excluding consignments-is a dollar)! People start lining up after 8:00 and we don’t open until 9:00. I just wanted to get a quick post out to celebrate our happy news!

G wMeka Side

Meka's Fox Pic

7 comments:

Luke & Erica said...

Crazy, what is the dogs name?

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Sooooo cute!! what a great little addition!! I know he will bring you lots of blog fodder and lots of laughs!!

confessionsofacountrygirl said...

She's SUPER cute!

Laura said...

Congratulations on your new love!! Im so glad you adopted a pet in need instead of purchasing one from a pet shop!! There are so many animals that need loving homes that dont cost a penny..

Best of Luck with the new bundle of joy!!

Laura
http://mybde.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

awwww CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have a real sweet dog there! so cute:) I remember when I first met my puppy, you just know, like you said:) there is an instant love!

Todd & Alisa Wren said...

Um...your dog looks like Megan! Are you copying me, big sis?

Bethany said...

Just stumbled upon your blog via ArmyWives101, and I'm super excited! :) Can't wait to read more in the future!
~ Bethany
http://futuremrscasias.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form