Friday, September 18, 2009

What’s Your Reading Habit?

Stack of Books One of the post topics those of us participating in Book Blogger Appreciation Week were asked to write, was to answer a few questions about our reading habits.  Not only would our readers then learn a little about us, but we could then ask our readers to answer the same questions and learn a little about them too! :) 

Q: Do you snack while you read? No, not usually. However, I do tend to snack a lot when I do homework and when I’m writing.

Q: Do you have to read to the end of the chapter or can you put the book down at any point? Because these days I read whenever I have a free moment, I’m constantly putting my book down at random points off and on all day.

Q: What was the last book you bought? I just bought two yesterday, the MLA Citation Guide and a new Webster’s Thesaurus.  Not exactly riveting reading material but much needed none the less. :)

Q: Do you prefer series or stand alone? I enjoy both, but I’m really pretty partial to books that are part of a series!  Especially if they’re great books and I enjoy the writing, because then I have more to look forward to!

Q: Do you have a favorite time of day/place to read? As previously stated, right now I read whenever I get a chance, but if I have a lot of free time on my hands, I like reading first thing in the morning over a cup of coffee or at night, right before I go to sleep. :)

Q: Do you prefer print or audiobooks?  I like both.  They’re both fun depending on the situation.  For example, if I”m driving, cleaning or crocheting I love audiobooks because I can do two things at once.  However, nothing beats a good old-fashioned book to cuddle up with! :)

Q: Is there a book you find yourself recommending over and over again? I tend to recommend two books the most, “My Sister’s Keeper” by Jodi Piccoult and “I KnowThis Much is True” by Wally Lamb.  Both are absolutely phenomenal and definitely worth checking out (no punOld Woman Reading a Book intended)! :)

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my reading routine!  So, what are your reading habits?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to read whenever I can get a spare minute. Realistically though, it's mostly just during my kids' naptime, or after they go to bed. I agree with you about reading a series of books, as long as they're written well and keep me captivated. I could not put the Harry Potter series down the first time I read them. I was kind of a bad mom those weeks because all I wanted to do was read! :)

~Debbie

gaelikaa said...

That was a great post Angela; loved it. Hope the studies are going well!

Mammatalk said...

I get interrupted constantly by my two little girls, but I always manage to squeeze in a few minutes here and there. I am a true bookworm!

StaceyC4 said...

My reading habits are that I read as much as possible, whenever I can!! I am a big fan of the contemporary romances. I like the series but don't mind if it stands alone. To me, there is nothing more relaxing than sitting down with a good book!

Mesina said...

I used to be an avid reader, however with life changing so drastically over 2 years ago I got out of the habit I so loved. I tried picking it up again here and there but alas, I seemed to miss the result!
However, I've been wanting to get stuck in again and in an effort to have some wind down time at night I've been toying with a few books to read. My other half just got the new Dan Brown book, but since I know he'll take ages to read it I won't get a look in anytime soon! Let's hope he finishes it this week while he's away in Holland....I WANT IT! x

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I too read whenever I can and am able to put a book down whereever. But I prefer to read in the evenings when dear hubby is playing on the computer or watching tv - I get peace and can read for a solid hour.
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult is my new fave recommendation - great for all parents. REALLY makes you think about what you teach your children.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form