Friday, September 11, 2009

Vampire Diaries

Vamp Diaries Logo 2 OMG, I am so beyond excited about the new series, Vampire Diaries! It premiered last night on the CW and was watched by 4.84 million viewers in the US, making it the most watched series premiere in CW history! I guess I’m not the only vampire fan out there!  I had been crossing my fingers all week, wishing and praying that it wouldn’t suck (pun intended), but instead be a vamp series I could look forward to watching weekly thus filling a void that has been left since my beloved Buffy ended.  Last night my wish was granted.

The premiere was a thing of beauty.  The plot and story were well cultivated.  The characters were both attractive (theVampire Diaries Cast Image good vamp boy, and well, even the bad vamp boy, were total hotties) and likable.  The setting was beautiful as was the filming.  They really hit the trifecta of television entertainment! I also really loved the songs they played in various scenes in the background.  Each added to the overall story and enhanced the tone for the whole show!

So, what was it about?  A hottie of a vamp, Stefan, moves  to a smallish town called Mystic Falls.  He’s intrigued by a sweet and pretty, Elena, who’s parents died in a car crash just a few months before.  The two meet and it’s instant chemistry.  Meanwhile a couple of deaths from “animal attacks” have occurred.  Things get very interesting when Stefan’s brother, Damon, shvamp diaries cast 2ows up.  Damon and Stephan are exact opposites, and Damon appears to be dead set (no pun intended)on making Stephan’s existence hell.  I can’t wait to see what happens next. 

It actually reminded me a lot of Twilight.  In fact I told my husband (who not-so-graciously) watched it with me, that itTwilight Book Image was a better representation of Twilight, than the movie actually was!  I am a HUGE fan of the Twilight saga, but the movie sadly did not do it justice.  The producers and directors of the next movies in that series would be well served to take some advice from the production staff of Vampire Diaries.

Vampire Diaries Book Image Speaking of books, Vampire Diaries started off by being a horror series of novels for young adults.  I haven’t read them yet, although I have come close to buying them a dozen different times.  Maybe now’s the time to finally check them out!  If you like vamps or even just a good, entertaining show with a low but fun creep factor, then I would highly recommend checking it out! Vampire Diaries airs Thursday nights on the CW @ 8/7 depending on your time zone.  Check your local listings for more info. 

5 comments:

Jayne @ Misplaced City Girl said...

I made Charlie watch it with me last night. After we watched it I told him I would watch it by myself from now on, but I think he's hooked. I heard that TVD predates Twilight as far as the books go and that TVD is more gritty. I hope it stays good.

Anne said...

I really like CW shows. I forgot about the show, but I'll start tuning in!

Kari said...

I watched it, too, and really liked it. I didn't realize it was based on a book series - will have to check that out.

Have a great weekend.

Luke & Erica said...

I watched, I will continue to watch, it is on my list of things to record on Thursday nights. I was just telling mom and Luke yesterday how Gina, Camilla, and I were like obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie). I know, I know, I do admit to this. I am convinced that they were the start of the vampire craze. They made a hit series after that movie. Yes, the series was better, but here is my props to Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry!!!!!!!!!!

nettagyrl said...

Hi! New follower! Love your blog and your ideas/words. Now I felt compelled to comment. You wrote a really good post on the vampire diaries and if I saw this first before I picked up the series I might have had a different take on the show.

I will suggest you read the book. You will either be really disappointed like me who read the book first and realized that the writers took the story from the book and watered it down to make it Twilight-like. Or u may hate the book cuz the show is nothing like the book.

I am giving the show one more chance because I do need my vampy fix as True Blood is off for now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form