Thursday, September 3, 2009

School’s in Session!

School Days Clip Art 2 Yesterday my first Boston University class began and I’m so excited I could pee my pants!  Well actually, come to think of it, that might be from the oodles of chocolate Pepsi I’ve been drinking while sitting at my laptop writing blog posts, but you get the picture!

I’m really excited about this class, while I know it will be challenging, so much so that every time I think about it I get the distinct urge to puke (not like projectile vomiting or anything, more like itty bitty baby spit up, but still puking none the less) I think it will also be enjoyable and interesting! 

This class is designed to get us to think about what makes a classic a classic and compare older texts with more contemporary ones that are similar in theory despite the time differences! 

For our first assignment were reading “Oedipus the King” by Sophocles!  At least this is a story I’m familiar with, as weRoman Era Philosopher Clip Art   studied it in my “Intro to Drama Class” a couple of years ago, and will be a great way to break me in as a BU student, while also getting accustomed to online course work.  We’re also reading some selected material by Aristotle, which should be fun in the way that reading a foreign language is fun when you know less than ten words of that language!  :)

These classes are pretty intense.  Not only is there a lot of College Girl Reading Clip Artreading involved both from our books and course materials, as well as our online lectures, but also (with the exception of this week) we have a paper due every week thereafter!  Not to mention our homework, two questions answered and  submitted in the form of posted discussions as well as a “thoughtful” response to another students posts.  Lots to do!  My first assignments are due on Saturday, and since I have to work tomorrow and Saturday (we’re only open one Saturday a month, and this Saturday is it, of course) I’ve got lots to do in the next few days!  So if my posts become a lot shorter or even non-existent, never fear I’m alive and will return as soon as I finish deciphering Sophocles and Aristotle!

Today I went to Wal-Mart to get a few school supplies, and I was so giddy!  I’ll admit it, I’m a total nerd.  I always looked forward to going back to school at the end of every summer when I was a kid, and one of the parts I looked forward to the most was getting my school supplies! 

Pen and paper clip art I’m a little neurotic when it comes to paper products, thus I took a while to pick out just the right notebook and folder.  My preference for notebook paper is to have dark lines to write on, so there I was in the Wal-Mart aisles looking through every cellophane wrapped package of loose leaf notebook paper until I found lines that were dark enough to meet my ridiculous standard!  Then there were the pens.  I’m a total pen snob!  I like specific pens that write with a bold line and flow well, so once again, the hunt to find the pen that would later write my first notes as a BU student, took a little longer than it probably should have.  If anybody knows of a 12 step program for all things stationary related, please let me know! 

4 comments:

Laura said...

Whoa, chocolate Pepsi?? Didn't know there was such a thing!

gaelikaa said...

Best of luck with your course, I'm still trying to graduate from college after several years and a huge break. Reading your post kind of inspires me...

Anne said...

I'm the same way with pens...at least you regonize it!!

Richard Gumsley said...

I really like to read. Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here!
astrology readings Florida

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form