Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I’m a Geek

Geek Girl Dog Tags I am a total geek.  I freely admit this.  I love books.  Not just books for entertainment value, but I also love reference books, I told you, I’m a geek.
After last week’s reading assignment for my BU class, I realized I needed a good dictionary.  Not just the one I picked up at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago for a whopping $3.97, but a big, full of the most obscure words, can find any random word TS Eliiot or Gertrude Stein decide to use, kind of dictionary.  This weekend my wish was granted. 
I should also mention, I adore bookstores.  I could spend  hours in Borders or Barnes and Noble just looking at the Bookstore Image rows and rows of freshly bound, crisp paged books.  I don’t even have to purchase any to be happy, just being in their presence, is enough for me.  However, if I get to take some home, it’s an every happier day.
Bks 1 Yesterday was that day.  I got the College Edition Webster’s Dictionary (hardback even), the one the Associated Press uses.  Exciting!  I also got the Webster’s Vocabulary builder, a new edition Webster’s Thesaurus, a style guides, a grammar guide, AND the official MLA citation book.  I could’ve died I was so happy!  I’m so set for my undergrad degree, although I’m sure I’ll find a reason to to buy more reference books throughout the next couple of years.  Like I said, I’m a geek.  :)

3 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Ok - I have three of the 5 books pictured. I also have a great quotation dictionary.

StaceyC4 said...

Okay, I'm with you. I LOVE a good bookstore. I used to work in a little homeschool one and I loved that too. The closest Barnes & Noble is about 30 minutes away so I don't go very often but when I do? It's glorious!

Angela said...

MamaOtwins+1-You know what they say about great minds thinking alike! :)

StaceyC4-Seriously, nothing beats the feeling of walking into a good bookstore! I'm so happy to be within a 15 minute drive of one now, because when we lived in AZ the closest one was over 2 hours away! Not fun! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form