Friday, September 11, 2009

Five Fun Facts for Fridays!

I had absolutely no decision making capabilities whatsoever today and as a result there are a total of 17 fun facts on today’s list!  That’s obviously way more than the “5” there are supposed to be, but oh well, I suppose it’s better than having none! :)  Also, I found a lot of related facts this week, so I set up today’s post a little differently.  I hope you enjoy!

Test message clip art 1. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

RELATED FACT - The number of text messages sent and received in a given day is greater than the world’s population. (Considering the last fact, that’s so crazy! I’d be willing to bet teenagers are responsible for at least half of these texts!) :)

2. More than 2,500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people.  Left Hand Print Clip Art

RELATED FACT - Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.  (Not surprising given the previous fact! I had no idea being a leftie was so dangerous!)

Lipstick Clip Art 1 3. Most lipstick contains fish scales.

RELATED FACT - Women end up digesting most of the lipstick they apply. (I”m not surprised we end up digesting most of our lipstick, but I was surprised it contained fish scales! I wonder what purpose fish scales could possibly serve in lipstick?)

4. The higher the income, the more likely an American man will cheat on his wife.Lying businessman clip art

RELATED FACT - people who are lying to you tend to look  up and to their left. (At first I was surprised by the previous fact a little, then I thought, “The higher the income (usually) equals the higher the ego.” At least now you know what to look for, up and to the left equals lying, cheating, bastard!Incidentally this might also work well with children, “No mom, I didn’t break your favorite vase,” if they say this looking to the left, they’re busted! Just make sure the TV isn’t on and to the left, otherwise they could just be watching Sponge Bob or something, and accidentally incriminate themselves!) :)

IQ Clip Art 5. Females learn to talk earlier, use sentences earlier, and learn to read more quickly than males. 

RELATED FACT - Women have a slightly higher average IQ than men. (Interesting, but not surprising, especially given the previous fact, but really do we need further proof of how much women rock!) :)

**Bonus Facts**Apple clip art

*Apples are actually part of the rose family. (I guess the  apple did fall far from their family tree after all.) :)

Banana smiling clip art *Bananas contain a natural chemical which can make a person happy.  This same chemical is also found in Prozac. (So the next time I’m having a bad day, I’ll just grab a banana, or 12 – depending how bad the day is.) :)

*McDonald’s salads contain up to 60% more fat thMcDonald's logoan  their burgers. (What better way to justify eating a burger.) :)

Coffee clip art *There are more than 1,000 chemicals in a cup of coffee.  Of these, only 26 have been tested, and half caused cancer in rats. (Seriously what doesn’t cause cancer anymore?)

*Baskin Robins once made ketchup ice cream. (I like icIce Cream clip arte  cream and I like ketchup, but the two together, are you kidding me? Who in their right mind thought that would be a good idea?)

Lemon clip art *There is more real lemon juice in Lemon Pledge polish than in Country Time Lemonade. (Sad, too bad you can’t drink furniture polish.) :)

*To burn off one plain M&M candy, you need to walk theM&M's Clip Art full length of a football field. (That’s a whole lot of walking then to burn off a package of M&M’s. I wonder how much you’d have to walk to burn off a package of Peanut M&M’s? Scary.)

Today’s fun facts were provided by www.funfactz.com.

 

6 comments:

Missy said...

I bet my husband would have given the ketchup ice cream a shot. He eats ketchup directly from the little packets at fast food places. He is addicted to ketchup. It's gross.

La Belle Mere UK said...

Wow... that's amazing!! Do you think that my lipstick gives me all my Omega 3 that I need??

Great facts!

LBM xxx

P.S - Where's my keyring??!! ;-)

Anne said...

wow that first fact about the call is insane..but still I'd believe it!

Bunny B said...

I'm a leftie!! :(
Hope I don't die from using products made for right handed people :P

Kari said...

OMG! Those are all very interesting! Makes me not want to wear lipstick anymore, LOL! You wonder what ever made someone say "hmmm, maybe we should try putting fish scales in lipstick". I really wonder what purpose it serves.

Happy Saturday!

Julie said...

I guess I better limit my MM's intake

to only 3 a day :)

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form