Monday, September 14, 2009

Book Blogger Appreciation Week

Celebrate Books BBAW I am happy to announce that this week is Book Blogger Appreciation week!  A fun way to pay tribute to those who read the good, the bad, and the ugly, then take time to blog about it to give those perusing the vast blogosphere the nitty gritty skinny on what they read!  Additionally, it gives us an opportunity to celebrate books, and personally any time I get to do that, I’m happy!  I will be participating in this weeks festivities, which just means that some of my posts this week will be themed around book bloggers.

I’ve always read a lot, but I plan to start writing real reviews, not just two sentence snippets, on what I’ve read, startingA Circle of Souls with the book I’m currently reading, A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi.  I’m half way through, and I cannot wait to finish because a) I really want to see how the book ends, and b) I’m really excited to write the review!  I’m reading a little slower than usual right now just because I’m reading a lot of other works for my BU class, but regardless, when I’m finished the review will be posted ASAP! :)

Jane Eyre I’ll also probably be reviewing Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte since I have to read it for my BU class this term.  Surprisingly I have not yet had the opportunity to read this book before now, and in talking to a lot of my friends neither have many of them, thus a review on it might just be either the incentive needed to pick it up for the first time, or steer clear from it for good. 

In the meantime if you’re jones-ing for a good book review here are a couple of great blogs to help you get your fix:

CHECK IT OUT: Book Blogger Appreciation Week Site and all the giveaways associated with this week here.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

stopping by to say hi! Love the book blogger appreciation week, great idea! The book you're reading looks really interesting, and I'll have to take a look at those other book sites! I'm currently reading the sacred journey of the peaceful warrior, (sequel to the way of the peaceful warrior by dan millman). good stuff!

WhiteSockGirl said...

I am an avid reader myself, though kind of difficult to get hold of good books in my small town. Quite an operation for me to get books I want, but I'm managing.
I am not an avid reviewer of books, I prefer to read. I leave the reviewing to bloggers with the necessary skills like you.
Will check out the other sites too!

confessionsofacountrygirl said...

I'm a pretty avid reader myself! I'll definately be back to visit (added you to my blog list and I'm a follower too!) Thank you for stopping by my blog this morning.

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Hi! Thanks for the plug of my blog! Very sweet of you. I am loving what I see here - lots of great things to read! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form