Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How is my money used?

Donations to the “Norton Family” fund will be dispersed in the following ways (in no particular order):

  • My schooling.  I have grants and student loans that will cover most of the tuition, but there are additional things like books and “technology fees” that I will have to cover, particularly at the beginning of each term before my financial aid is distributed.
  • Savings.  At this point the possibility of my husband being medically discharged from the Army is a distinct possibility due to a seemingly innocuous injury during physical training one morning that has resulted in chronic pain.  We really want to stay in and we’re desperately trying to make that happen, but in the event we cannot, a savings would be most helpful transitioning back into the civilian world.
  • In the event we do get to stay in the money would go towards buying our plane tickets to go home for Christmas. 
  • I’m in the process of starting a charity and there are lots of little expenditures along the way, donations would be very helpful here as well.
  • In the event everything works out ideally, and the extra money isn’t necessary I’ll remove the donations button and any existing monies will be donated to the Army Emergency Relief Fund.

To all those kind and generous souls who donated, even a dollar, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  Your kindness and generosity is appreciated more than you could ever know.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form