Sunday, August 16, 2009

That was it?

Umbrella with little rain clip art Last week there was a lot of hype and anticipation about the remnants of Hurricane Felicia passing over us in the form of a tropical depression.  So we geared up and prepared just in case, and all I can say is that it was totally and completely anti-climactic! The rain during our rainy season is way worse than any action we saw last week. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m really glad it wasn’t a big deal and everyone is safe.  On the other hand the anticipation leading up to it was a little nerve-wracking and in the end it was all for naught.  But what can you do?  Mother Nature has her own agenda and you just never know which way she’s going to roll.  I’d rather be prepared and a little anxious and have everything work out, than not be prepared at all and get an unexpected weather slap in the face.

According to the latest weather reports, there are a couple of other storms developing in the Pacific right now that MIGHT effect us in the not so distant future, but all we can do for now is wait and see.  Yay.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

That would be very nerve-wracking to just wait for a big storm to happen! I'm glad you're prepared for it though. I live in Utah near a fault-line, and there's always the threat that a big earthquake will hit. I suppose knowing that, I really should prepare more. What do you do to prepare for the storms?

Angela said...

You're absolutely right, it's totally nerve-wracking! To prepare, we mostly make sure we have lots of water, canned foods, batteries (for flashlights and our radio), charcoal for our grill so we can boil water if we have to and a First-Aid kit. But, I also keep a few crafty projects and books available too, so I won't get bored out of my mind! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Anne said...

crazy...we don't get any wierd weather in CA.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form