Thursday, August 27, 2009

Parting Ways

Goodbye Crying Clip Art Tuesday I officially resigned from my position as Webmaster on the Governing Board of the Hui.  With school starting I’m really having to re-evaluate my priorities (family, school, work, volunteering-in that order), and reassess the amount of time I have to give to volunteering.  I enjoyed being the Hui Webmaster and I learned so much doing it, but I’m just a little more passionate about my other commitments. 

Army Family Team Building is an incredible program and I have learned a tremendous amount of useful and beneficial information in just the short time I’ve been involved with it.  Being an AFTB instructor, is doubly rewarding because notTeaching Clip Art only do I get to learn by being a part of the program, but I, in turn, get to teach the knowledge I’ve gained to other Army Spouses and potentially make there life a little easier.  I genuinely love teaching (I hope to teach the law later in life), and I feel like my talents are much better utilized as a part of this program.

I am also passionate about Army Family Action Plan.  It allows all those affiliated with the Army to have a voice (often a rare Talking Group Clip Art commodity in the military) and potentially solve problems that are causing soldiers and their families strife.  My role as a AFAP Facilitator is to go out into the Army community and make people aware of this program and encourage them to take part in it.  I absolutely adore meeting and talking to new people, and again, I think my talents and interests are much better suited in this program as well.

Finally, I really want to dedicate more time to starting my charity, With Love.  I am most passionate about this ideHeart and Stick Figurish Clip Arta, as I can make a direct impact on someone’s life in a time of  need, by doing something I love doing, crocheting!  I want nothing more than to be able to offer a simple gift such as a baby hat (at a time when nothing else would fit such this small and beautiful baby) that says, “This hat was made with love specially for your new baby! Congratulations on your miracle!”

So after much thought weighing the pros and cons of all of my volunteer obligations, it was the Spouse’s Club that I decided to let go of.  The Hui President, being the amazing woman that she is, couldn’t have been more supportive.  She was a teacher in a former life, and encouraged me to do whatever I felt I needed to do to ensure that my education would be top priority.  I agreed to stay on for the next two   weeks while sBye Clip Arthe looks for someone new, and to help make the transition as seamless as possible.  The Hui taught me a lot, and I will deeply miss it, but the time has come to say good-bye and let someone else benefit from this great organization like I have.

4 comments:

Tammy Howard said...

Sounds like it was a tough decision - you are involved in a lot of good stuff!

Anne said...

You know yourself best-I think it was the right choice!

Jayne said...

Prioritizing is hard! Glad you are taking school first, though.

Angela said...

Tammy-It really was a tough one, and I'm so blessed to be involved in so many great activities! :)

Anne-Thanks so much for the vote of confidence and encouragement! You rock! :)

Jayne-It really is hard, but you're right you've got to figure out where you're priorities are and make it happen! :0

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form