Monday, August 3, 2009

New Crochet Projects

Patriotic Beanie for Toddler

RWB Hat

This is actually my very own pattern!  Here's how I did it:

Materials:

  • Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn (I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Bright Navy, White, and Red)
  • J Hook

Pattern:

  • Red-Chain 4, make 15 DC's in bottom chain, join with slip stitch to 1st DC.
  • White-Chain 2 (does not count as DC), work 2 DC's in each stitch around, join with slip stitch.
  • Blue-Chain 2, 2 DC in same stitch, *1 DC in next stitch, 2 DC in next stitch* repeat from * around.
  • White-Chain 2, HDC in each stitch around, join
  • Red-Chain 2, DC in each stitch around, join
  • White-Chain 2, HDC in each stitch around, join
  • Blue-Chain 2, DC in each stitch around, join
  • White-Chain 2, HDC in each stitch around, join
  • Red-Chain 2, DC in each stitch around, join
  • White-Chain 2, HDC in each stitch around, join
  • Blue-Chain 2, HDC in each stitch around, join
  • White-Chain 2, HDC in each stitch around, join
  • Red-Chain 2, HCD in each stitch around, fasten off

Please keep in mind this is essentially the first crochet pattern I've ever written so there might be some inconsistencies.  If you try the pattern and you find anything wrong, please don't hesitate to email me or contact me via my Contact Form in the sidebar.  Thanks.

Red and White Preemie Hat

RW Hat

5 comments:

Jayne @ Misplaced City Girl said...

Those are really cute! I can't knit or crochet. My hand is too "heavy."

Lisa Anne said...

So I just recently taught myself how to crochet and have been working on my blanket for months. See my July post. I can't keep my edges straight. I'll do several rows and they will even then I'm off. I don't get it.

Anyway coming through from SITS, as I saw you on roll call. I'll be following you for more crochet updates. I love the hats.

Lisa Anne said...

Thanks for the reply. No i do not count my stiches, mostly because I am lazy. My rows have def become more even as I go along, I think when I start my next blanket I will count the stitches. This is my first so it's bound to be a little quirky. LOL It's just taking me forever to finish it, especially since it's summer, I can't have a heavy blanket ontop of me when its 104 outside and 86 in my house. lol

I can't wait to read more of your posts!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back soon!

Ann On and On... said...

I love the beanie! Oh how I wish I could be crafty like you, sigh!

Anne said...

those are adorable! I love working with lily sugar 'n cream & I'm going to have to try it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form