Friday, August 28, 2009

New book!

A Circle of Souls I belong to an internet group called “Book Blogs.”  It’s a great place to network with other book enthusiasts, especially for authors who want to promote their new books.  A few weeks ago, an author named Preetham Grandhi, asked if I would be interested in reading and reviewing his new book, “A Circle of Souls.”  He gave a brief summary of the book, a psychological murder mystery/thriller, set in a small town in Connecticut.  I was totally sold, because from his description it sounded like book I would buy and read anyway.  A few days ago it arrived, yay!

I had been reading, Wally Lamb’s “The Hour I First Believed,” but I decided to put that one back on my bookshelf for aHour I First Believed while, just until I can read “A Circle of Souls.”  Wally Lamb is one of my favorite authors, and “The Hour I First Believed” is an excellent book thus far, but it’s a very, very long book.  The length combined with the fact that it’s a hardcover makes it particularly heavy, so I can’t simply throw it in my purse and take it with me wherever I go in case I end up waiting in a line or something and have some time to read it.  Doing this allows me to finish books quickly given that I’ve been busy lately and haven’t had as much time to read as I would like. 

My thinking is that I’ll be able to read and review “A Circle of Souls” in a fraction of the time it would take me to read “The Hour I First Believed.”  Stay tuned for the review of “A Circle of Souls” by Preetham Grandhi!

4 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I now want to read A Circle of Souls just from the little bit you posted. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.

Sweet Girl said...

I guess it's a good book as you have taken time to blog about it.
Can anyone join that blog you talked about?

Angela said...

MamaOtwins+1-I'm really getting into it now, the plot is just grabs hold of you! I can't wait to write the review! :)

Sweet Girl-Absolutely anyone can join Book Blogs, the link is in my sidebar! If you like to read, you should totally check it out! :)

Anne said...

I always love to hear about new books to read!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form