Friday, August 21, 2009

Five Fun Facts for Friday!

Today I just couldn’t decide, so it’s actually “Eight Fun Facts for Friday” but five sounds better in the title so I didn’t change it!  I hope you find these as interesting as I did!

1. A group of crows is called a murder (No wonder why  Crow Clip Art Group crows are so creepy!)

2. Nazi leader Adolf Hitler had onlHitler Clip Arty one testicle (That explains a lot! No wonder why he  always looked so angry/unhappy!)

3. A chiChicken Featherless Clip Artcken loses its feathers when it becomes   stressed (Sad, not only are they stressed, they’re  funny looking too? Well, I mean more funny looking than usual.)

4. Dolphins can swim and sleep at the samDolphin with attitude Clip Arte time (Talk about multi-tasking! Hmm, I wonder if the dolphins I saw doing a show at Sea World were awake asleep? )

5. Thirty Bingo Clip Art with watermark acrosspercent of all bingo players are under the age of 35 (This blows the stereotype straight to hell! 

6. The tip of a bullwhip moves sBoom Clip Arto fast that it breaks the sound barrier. The crack of  the whip is actually a tiny sonic boom.  (I thought this one was so interesting!)

Fish Clip Art Orange7. A newly hatched fish is called a "fry." (Is this where we got the phrase “Fish Fry?”)

8. Turtles can breathe through their Turtle Clip Art with little red hat onbutts  (This one totally made me laugh! How do you suppose that works?)

 

Have a fabulous weekend!

Today’s fun facts were provided by GreatFacts.com.

19 comments:

Katie Walters said...

Cute!! Interesting facts, made me smile :)

Smitten by Britain said...

This is too weird. Just this morning I started a series called Fun Facts Friday but not posted it because I got sidetracked. So when you see it go up, I didn't copy you honestly. Just great minds think a like. ;)

Kimi said...

Hey Angela,

I've tried to email you my shipping info a few times but it doesn't seem to be working. Feel free to email me at kimkayjohnson AT gmail dOT com

Angela said...

Katie - Glad you liked! I love random factoids because they often make me smile, or even downright bust into hysterics! :)

Smitter by Britain - Never fear, I hardly have the exclusive rights to fun facts, but I definitely agree that great minds do think a like! :)

Kimi - Check your email, I sent you one!

Bunny B said...

Love these facts! Really cool one. My hubs especially loved the turtle one :P

Anne said...

I learned something-turtles can breathe through their butts!that could be really useful!

Stacie said...

LOL These were definitely fun facts!

Joby said...

Lol angela thanks for the facts I knew the Hitler one as we used to sing a rude rhyme about it when I was at school. The turtle one is hilarious.

Mammatalk said...

Now, that got my attention!

Lisa Anne said...

I just received your email. I'm so excited to have won a key chain. Let me know if you do not receive my reply email with my address. I'm so happy!!

Anne said...

Used to live on the east coast where we had fun squirls and chipmunks running around the yard- now in CA we just have crows-NOT a fan!!

Sweet Girl said...

Interesting facts. I liked the one about group of crows called murder.

Julie said...

Hey Joby we used to sing the same rude rhyme when I was a kid. Next time I play a trivia game I will have :)

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Lisa Anne said...

This is hilarious. Me likes a lot!! lol

Crazy in Alaska said...

I think I've known people that could breathe through their butts too. At least, they must have, they could sure talk out of them! ha!

Laura said...

I already knew about 'fry' because my fiance recently got a betta fish. :3

Do you know what a group of sea lions swimming in the ocean are? A raft! If you get close you could probably ride it.

Angela said...

Bunny B-The turtle one is one of my hubs faves too! :)

Anne-You never know when info like that will come in handy! :)

Stacie-So glad they made you laugh! :)

Joby-Always happy to make people laugh, but I totally want to know the Hitler rhyme now! :)

Mamatalk-I'm glad they were interesting to you! :)

Lisa Anne-Thanks so much for participating in my giveaway! I'm so excited to send your key chain! :)

Anne-Crows are so not my fave and they're really kind of creepy too! :)

SweetGirl-For some reason it seems kind of fitting that they're called a murder, because they're so creepy to me! :)

Julie-I so want to know this rhyme now! :)

Lisa Anne-I'm so glad you enjoyed them! They're really fun for me to do! :)

Crazy in Alaska-LOL, I totally agree! :)

Laura-Love it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

I think what you typed was very logical. But, what about this?

what if you added a little content? I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your website, but suppose you added a post title that grabbed folk's attention?
I mean "Five Fun Facts for Friday!" is a little vanilla. You ought to glance
at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create article headlines to grab viewers interested. You might add a related video or a picture or two to grab people excited about everything've written.
In my opinion, it could bring your blog a little bit more interesting.



Take a look at my site; satellite cardsharing

Anonymous said...

I savor, lead to I discovered just what I was having a look for.

You've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

my homepage; web site

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form