Friday, August 14, 2009

Five Fun Facts for Friday!

1. Americans did not commonly use forks until after the Civil War.

Chef with Fork

2. There is a town in Arkansas called Smackover.

Welcome to Arkansas

3. The dot that appears over the letter i is called a “tittle”.

i Clip Art

4. The average four year old child asks over four hundred questions a day.

Child with Numbers

5. In a survey conducted in 2000 by Kimberly Clark, it was found that men prefer to fold their toilet paper and women like to wad it.

TP Blueish Background

Today’s fun facts were provided by GreatFacts.com

8 comments:

Missy said...

I am sure my almost 4yr old asks way more questions then 400.

My husband and I have talked about the TP thing. I wad, he folds.

Tittle is a funny word.

Happy Friday from a fellow SITStah!

JennyMac said...

LOL...the letter i has a tittle? Nice.

And I am a folder..for sure. haha.

Bentley Boutique said...

There's also a town in Arkansas called Toadsuck. Seriously.
Arkansas gal, Judi

Nic said...

Hey! Great blog! Some very interesting facts too, I learnt something today :)

La Belle Mere UK said...

What does "wadding" your toilet paper mean? I can't work out if I'm a folder or a wadder!!! ;-)

Crazy in Alaska said...

I'm pretty sure #4 is on the low side!!! :D

Debbie said...

400 questions a day huh? Sometimes it seems like more than that... :)

Anne said...

it's actually probably smart to call the dot over the I something... otherwise how could you refer to it :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form