Monday, July 27, 2009

Writing Feedback

At the close of the Clarity of Night "In Vino Veritas" Short Fiction Contest I recently entered, Jason Evans the contest organizer, co-judge and Clarity of Night Blog Owner said over the next few days he and Jaye Wells, fellow co-judge, would be writing comments on what they liked about each entry.  Today I got mine from Jason. 

I'm totally excited about what he had to say  .  .  .  I got a perfect score!  Woo-hoo!  Happy day!  Thank the universe!  Validation like this gives me so much external encouragement to continue pursuing this passion.  I would go forward with it no matter what, but it's so nice to have positive feedback in an industry where rejections are as common as the books we're trying to write!

Here was his comment in it's entirety:

"Ha! I thought he was going to confess something else. The nervousness was described so well. Great work! Realistic interaction.

Perfect score.

Welcome to The Forties Club!"

Keep in mind this makes more sense if you've read my story.  If you haven't, take a second and check it out!  It's only 250 words so it won't take long to read, essentially that's the length of a Starbucks order.  You can find it by clicking here.

Also, please take a moment to sign my Guestbook!  I'd love to know who you are! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form