Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What I Lack

The last post I wrote was very intense, so I thought I'd shift gears and try to lighten the mood a bit.

Those who know me well, know about my obsession with my eyebrows, or rather my lack of eyebrows.  I just don't have any.  I did, sort of, when I was younger, but they were not very pronounced.  The kiss of death though, was when I started plucking them to give them "shape", and now 15 odd years later, I have none to speak of. 

It's common knowledge, that when you don't have something you tend to fixate on it, and it's even worse when it's something relating to your face.  Eyebrows are seriously the crown of the face, and without them everything just looks weird.  Don't believe me?  Just take a look at the Mona Lisa. 

My curse in life is having to draw these damn things on every day!  Because of this I have often thought of having them tattooed on.  Oh how great my day would be to go underwater and come up looking like the same person!  Unfortunately permanent makeup is not only expensive, but a gamble.  Worse than having none, would be to finally have some, but permanently look like the Bride of Frankenstein. 

So for now, I will do what I can to make the best with the cards I've been dealt.  If it means I have to check my husband's sleeve after cuddling with him on the sofa and resting my head on his shoulder to make sure that the two tell all marks my eyebrows love to leave behind aren't there, then I will.  (Coincidently, if I see those marks, then I usually make myself scarce pretty quick and run to the bathroom to do a quick touch up!  If it means when watching a scary movie, and I raise my hands to cover my eyes during an exceptionally scary part that I have to lean over to my sister and ask, "Did I just wipe my eyebrows off?" then I will.  And, if it means that every time I break a sweat for more than a second , I have to ask my best friend, "Are my eyebrows still on?" then dang it, I will!  Because that my friends is just what has to be done, when you have this lot in life!  So be good to your eyebrows, and be thankful that big or small, one or two, blonde or black that at least you have some, because trust me when I say it could definitely be worse!  :)

6 comments:

Jessica and Michael said...

:( Awww...I'm sorry. You should think about having them weaved in. It works really well.

Lani said...

:( I am sorry for your lack of eyebrows.. but you did make me giggle:) stopping by from sits..

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Great post..... love that you are real! :)

Would love to read your review for The Hour I first believed. I have not read that yet.

PictureGirl said...

Stopping by from SITS to say Hi.
Sorry about your eyebrows, you are right we get fixated on problems with our bodies and especially our faces.

My son is in the Army, he is stationed at Ft. Hood, TX.

You've got a good blog, I'll be back.

Robin said...

I am dealing with a freaky thyroid right now. Amongst other things, I've put on 50 lbs and 3 months ago my eyelashes fell out; right smack dab in the center of both eyelids. They are finally starting to grow back (tiny little stubs) but I can see people staring at me eyes trying to work it out mentally while they talk with me. I don't really care what people think....but having been a very skinny person all my life and having had extremely long thick lashes, it is odd to look in the mirror and see a stranger looking back.


BTW...my husband is retired Navy. We were stationed out on Oahu for almost 4 years. My daughter went back to attend UH and is still out there. She is my excuse to go back. :-)
I go out every January and sometimes May.

Have a beautiful weekend

Anne said...

My cousin got permenant makeup done..it looks great I think, but not sure I would choose that for myself!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form