Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Volunteer Position

Volunteering can seriously turn into an addiction.  Shortly after I became an AFTB Instructor I was told I would be a good candidate to volunteer with AFAP (Army Family Action Plan).  Long story short, I am now an AFAP Facilitator.

AFAP meets annually with a board comprised of civilians, government employees, soldiers, and spouses of soldiers, etc. to discuss problems submitted by the post and to find solutions for those problems.  Basically it's a way for Soldiers and their dependents to let Army leadership know what works and what doesn't.  The types of issues range from having recycle bins at the Commissary for plastic bags to getting legislation passed that mandates the states charge no higher than in-state tuition rates for military personnel and their dependents.  It's a phenomenal program and I'm very excited to be part of it!

My role will be to assist the Program Manager in going to the units, FRG groups, and other support organizations within the Army community to promote the program. 

I won't begin until the first week of August, but I can't wait to get started! 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form