Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Job

Today was the first day of my new job, as the Donations Display Coordinator and Volunteers Supervisor for our post Thrift Shop!  They have some really amazing merchandise there and for incredibly cheap prices too, hence the "thrift" in the name Thrift Shop.

Today I mainly familiarized myself with the store and got to know the daily procedures.  Basically, my job is to make sure the donations get sorted through and on the floor as quickly as possible.  After all, you can't make money unless it's on display.  (Boy I'm just full of obvious wisdom today!) Speaking of displays I'm also responsible for making sure the store looks aesthetically pleasing and creating new attractive displays each day we're open.  I'm particularly excited about this part as it will give me a chance to flex my creative muscles! 

My duties as the Volunteers Supervisor will be to train the new volunteers, and delegate out the tasks that need to be accomplished daily.  It's my first official role as a "supervisor" and I'm a little nervous about it, although I'm sure those who know me best would say this is ridiculous since I've been telling people what to do for years, ha-ha. :) 

Everything I saw today was pretty standard, but I'm sure there will be plenty of posts in the future about the crazy things I'm destined to come across in my adventures as a Thrift Shop worker, so make sure to check back for those!

If you want to see where I work, click here.

1 comment:

Jessica and Michael said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope it's going great :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form