Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Baby Blanket!

I wanted to make my sister who's expecting a baby in January a baby blanket.  Initially I started off using some white cotton I had and a pattern I found online.  Then, I got this great idea to use some of the yarn I had leftover from previous crochet projects.  I found a cute pattern online, and I altered the color scheme to use six colors of yarn I had leftover.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out, it's totally different from the other blankets I've done.  The pattern was easy to follow and worked up quickly.  Also, it was my first Easy+ pattern which means I'm totally moving up in the world of pattern difficulty! 

The only problem is that it came out girlie instead of the intended gender neutral, as we do not yet know the sex of the baby I wanted to make something more unisex.  Oh well.  If we find out she's having a boy, then I'll probably just donate it with the rest of my items this fall.

DSCI1075

DSCI1062

DSCI1058

DSCI1060

For the pattern to this blanket click here.

Currently I'm working on the white cotton baby blanket I originally started out to make.  As soon as it's finished I'll post those pictures too!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I love it!great colors!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form