Friday, July 3, 2009

Mexi-Bake Recipe

One evening a few weeks ago, bored with the norm, I concocted a new dinner.  Inspired by missing authentic Mexican food but being limited to what I had available in my pantry, the "Mexi-Bake" as I'm now calling it, was created!  All things considered it turned out pretty well, so I decided to post it here to share.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb browned ground beef
  • 1 packet McCormick Taco seasoning
  • 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can diced green chiles
  • 1 can sliced olives
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 T. butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix browned ground beef and Taco seasoning according to directions on packet.  Combine all ingredients together in greased 13 x 9 baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form