Friday, July 17, 2009

Charity Update

I've been doing a lot of research on starting a charity and have moved on from the research stage to the doing stage.  I am happy to report that currently I am working on the mission statement for my charity.  The general idea is to donate hand crafted items to hospitals for premature babies, babies born to families struggling financially and oncology units for cancer patients (both young and not as young).  Additionally, I hope to work with other groups such as homeless shelters and battered women's shelters.  Essentially any organizations that assist people in the community who are having a hard time meet their needs.

In a sense the goal is two fold.  One part, donating to hospitals, is to brighten the spirits of those who are enduring serious medical problems or who have a joyous occasion (such as the birth of a baby) but maybe not a lot of money, and so are items could be of use.  The second part, donating to homeless and battered women's shelters, is to help people who find themselves in difficult and financially depressed situations where they may not have enough money or opportunity (in the sense of a woman who had to unexpectedly flee her home due to abuse) to buy the things we could provide.

After much debate, I have decided on a name for my charity.  I'm going to call it With Love.  I think it's simple and encapsulates the idea by which I and any other member of my charity would work under. 

As far as donation go, I plan on donating some obviously, but I also plan on soliciting donations from knit and crochet groups and the crafty individuals in the community.

I plan on making a big donation this fall, but I doubt it will be under the charity name just yet.  After all, setting up this type of organization is nothing if not time consuming.  If that turns out to be the case I will probably donate through one of the crochet or knit groups I belong to. 

If anyone is interested in becoming a part of this project, please don't hesitate to contact me, just use the form on my sidebar or email me directly at glimmergirl77@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form