Thursday, July 23, 2009

AFTB Recognition

Today at our monthly AFTB meeting, I was recognized and awarded with a Certificate of Appreciation and a gift.  The certificate said:

In recognition of your invaluable volunteer service to Army Community Service.  Thank you for your dedication in serving the Soldiers and Family members of US Army Garrison, Hawaii.  Your volunteer service truly reflects the spirit of

Imagine, Believe, and Achieve

I was so surprised and excited!  Gestures like this really set this program apart.  Being appreciated always makes me feel so happy, and it just inspires me to want to do more.

DSCI1087

The gift was a canvas tote bag, with a thermos mug, a lanyard, and a pin.  All of them were decorated with the "Imagine, Believe, and Achieve" theme.  I loved it!  I can always use another bag (you know I never travel lightly, even if' it's just to the Commissary, or a meeting, or a doctor's appointment, I like to be prepared).  I also can never have to many coffee thermos mugs.  Those lids come in handy when you're drinking hot beverages while driving.  If I use the lanyard, I may actually be able to find my keys in my purse, and the pin will proudly go on my name tag!

AFTB Reg Pin

I love AFTB!  It has taught and given me so much in such a short time, and I'm forever grateful!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form