Thursday, April 30, 2009

Recently Completed Crochet Projects

I have some bigger afghan and blanket projects that I'm working on right now, but I thought to mix it up a bit I would do a few smaller projects as well. It's always fun to begin and end a project in the same sitting.

Can Cozy - Easy

Can Cozy

I found this pattern at Lion Brand's website. They have so many great free patterns. It was so fun and easy to make! In Hawaii these are absolutely necessary due to the massive amounts of condensation caused by the daily humidity! It would make a great gift for Father's Day! Click here for the pattern.

Washcloth - Easy

HDC WC 4

I created the pattern for this washcloth, which again, was so simple to make. It has a little texture to it which makes it great for exfoliating, but thanks to the cotton yarn remains very soft to the touch. I used Peaches and Cream in White throughout. Simply chain 25, half double crochet in 2nd chain from hook and then in each chain across. *Chain 2, turn, half double crochet in back loop only of each half double crochet across. Chain 2, turn, half double crochet in each half double crochet across. Repeat from * until desired length is reached. Mine is 6 1/4 inches.

Hot Pad - Beginner

Hot Pad

This hot pad was from another free Lion Brand pattern. However the pattern says to use three strands of yarn held together throughout and I only used one, because I wasn't sure I had enough yarn. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll say it anyway, it was fun and easy to make! Click here for the pattern.

Any of these projects would be a great way to pass a rainy day or to make a thoughtful gift for someone! All of them are either beginner or easy difficulty level and would be ideal for people learning to crochet or wanting to practice their technique!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form