Saturday, April 18, 2009

Meatloaf With a Kick!

A few months ago I had dinner at a friends house and she made one of the best meatloaf's I had ever had.  Since then I had been wanting to try her recipe myself and last night I finally did.  I made a few modifications, and it made this formally not-a-meatloaf lover into the biggest fan of meatloaf there ever was!  Even Garret loved it, in fact this morning he asked me when I was planning on making it again, that's always a good sign!

The best thing about this recipe is that it's so easy to make!  Also, you might find that you already have the ingredients needed to make it on hand.  I should add that I'm using the term "recipe" loosely here, as it's not an exact science, but that can actually be a good thing since you can modify it to better match the tastes of your family! 

Ingredients needed:

  • 1 lb of ground beef
  • salsa
  • grated cheese
  • corn tortilla chips (crunched up into little pieces)

Simply mix the above ingredients together, form into a loaf, and bake at 375 degrees for an hour.  I used 1/2 of a 16 oz jar of Medium Pace Picante and 1/4 of a jar of Hot Pace Picante; for the cheese I used about a cup of Mild Cheddar; and for the corn tortilla chips I used 2-3 handfuls of Tostito's Bite Size.  It was so yummy!  In fact just writing this post, is making me mouth water. 

I served it with Spanish rice and the two complimented each other beautifully!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form