Friday, April 17, 2009

Loom Knitting - Baby Blanket


I recently finished loom knitting my first baby blanket! Until now I had only made beanies, many, many beanies in various sizes. I'm definitely expanding my loom knitting horizons!

It was incredibly easy to make. Below is the pattern I created for this project:

  • Use 2 strands of Red Heart Super Saver in Light Blue throughout (any worsted weight yarn would work)
  • Using the purple rectangle KK loom (36 pegs), cast on with the figure 8 method
  • Using the double knit (figure 8) stitch, knit 60 rows
  • Crochet bind off - 1st panel completed
  • Repeat from beginning to make a 2nd identical panel
  • Join together with mattress seam
  • Single crochet around entire blanket
  • Finish by crocheting a scalloped border
If you are unfamiliar with crocheting this video tutorial is very helpful.

3 comments:

Sarah Miller-Hess said...

What if we don't know how to crochet? I'm just learning to kniton the looms and have only made hats & scarves. I'm really wanting to make a baby blanket for my niece who just had a little girl. I love the look of your

Sarah Miller-Hess said...

Sorry just seen where it has a link for the crocheting. Thank you! :)

Sarah Miller-Hess said...

What if we don't know how to crochet? I'm just learning to kniton the looms and have only made hats & scarves. I'm really wanting to make a baby blanket for my niece who just had a little girl. I love the look of your

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Contact Me

Contact Form