Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Donations to the “Norton Family” fund will be dispersed in the following ways (in no particular order):
- My schooling. I have grants and student loans that will cover most of the tuition, but there are additional things like books and “technology fees” that I will have to cover, particularly at the beginning of each term before my financial aid is distributed.
- Savings. At this point the possibility of my husband being medically discharged from the Army is a distinct possibility due to a seemingly innocuous injury during physical training one morning that has resulted in chronic pain. We really want to stay in and we’re desperately trying to make that happen, but in the event we cannot, a savings would be most helpful transitioning back into the civilian world.
- In the event we do get to stay in the money would go towards buying our plane tickets to go home for Christmas.
- I’m in the process of starting a charity and there are lots of little expenditures along the way, donations would be very helpful here as well.
- In the event everything works out ideally, and the extra money isn’t necessary I’ll remove the donations button and any existing monies will be donated to the Army Emergency Relief Fund.
To all those kind and generous souls who donated, even a dollar, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your kindness and generosity is appreciated more than you could ever know.
See my complete profile!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
I swear I wasn't lying when I promised more soon to come, although I guess it sort of depends on what your definition of soon is for that to be true. None the less, I haven't forgotten about my blog. In fact it's quite the opposite, I've been hard at work designing it, picking out the background, font colors, etc. Not to metion I also simultaneously started a blog for my husband and I at the same time, so I've been doing the previously mentioned times two! Add to that the madness and chaos of the holidays and trying to get up a tree, buy and wrap Christmas presents, and plan a Christmas Eve dinner, well, needless to say my time has been evaporating before my eyes. Thankfully in the last few days I have made large strides towards accomplishing the many tasks before me. As things become more normalized, I am anxious to begin writing regular blog entries. After all I have much to say, and anyone who knows me, knows this much is true.